2011-07-20

July recap & Save The Date

Hello word lovers!

I'd like to start off by thanking everyone who came out last Wednesday.  I had lots of fun.  I was a little worried when early on there were only 2 names on the sign-up sheet for the open mic.  But in the end it all came together.


Some wonderful ladies from a former poetry group in Milton came out.  Thank you to Jenny and Nancy for reading your work.  I espcially loved Nancy's political humour poem.  because let's face it, if you can't laugh at politics & politicians we are in a sad state of affairs.


We were also surprised by a few younger people taking the stage.  I'm sure everyone loved this because it meant I didn't have to fill time with my own poetry.  Ha ha ha.  Just kidding.


Beth-Anne, our feature, had a great time and really enjoyed the coffee and the people.  Rock on Roxy!  We all got to experience her love and passion for nature.  I even got to hear some poems I hadn't heard before.  Let's hope she'll come back for a visit again soon.


Speaking of which, don't forget to 'Save The Date' for Kay'la Fraser on Wednesday September 21st.  She might have a gentle demenur and soft voice but she commands your attention when she is on stage with a strong message and captivating ways of saying them.

But remember, this event is for YOU!  So dig out , originals, rants, raps, lyrics, a capella, storytelling, stand-up, or poetry and sign up for the open mic.  Because it's all about putting WORDS IN ACTiON.

Until next time...
                              ...Spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment